This post shows you how to embed GetFiveStars.com feedbacks and testimonials into your WordPress based website using the Google friendly “Schema.org” Review format.
Quick Start Guide
-> If you are using a WordPress Page:
If you are using a “page” that uses the regular “WordPress Page Editor” you would need to use our WordPress Plugin which will generate a shortcode. Copy pasting the testimonials widget code snippet into your WP page editor directly will cause WP to strip some of the code and not execute the PHP required for the Schema markup.
Download the WordPress Plugin: GetFiveStars WordPress Plugin – (includes on-screen instructions).
Download a White-labeled version of our WordPress Plugin: White-label WordPress Plugin – (includes no instructions).
The Screenshot below shows an example of a basic testimonials page. You can of course add text above and below the reviews widget code to explain and encourage customers to leave feedback and reviews.
Detailed Step-by-Step Guide
1) Log into your GetFiveStars.com account
2) Click on the Business you would like to embed the testimonials for.
3) In the main menu (upper right) click on “Settings -> Testimonial Widget”
4) Read and evaluate the options (checkboxes) for your embedded testimonials. You can check and un-check any of the boxes at any time even after your embed code has been placed on your website. The form on your site will update automatically. You do not have to re-embed the code.
5) Click the “Copy Widget Code” button to copy the embed code.
6) Download the GetFiveStars WordPress Plugin. The download link can be found above the testimonial widget code. Or you can Download the Plugin Here.
A whitelabeled (non branded) plugin is available here. Please note that the Whitelabel plugin has no build in Help or Instructions. This version is intended for large Agencies and advanced Users. The functions are the same as found in the regular plugin.
7) Log into WordPress and install the Plugin under “Plugins -> Add New -> Upload”
8) Click on “Settings” after installing the Plugin.
9) Follow the Onscreen Instructions in the plugin settings screen and paste the auto generated short code into any Page or Post.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question #1: Why do I need a Plugin? Can I not just paste the Testimonials Code Snippet into my WordPress Page Editor?
Question #2: Why is the GetFiveStars plugin not listed in the WordPress Plugin Directory ?
Answer #2: The plugin itself relies on GetFiveStars to add any function to WordPress. This makes it a “paid or sponsored” plugin and therefore ineligible to be listed on WordPress.org
Question #3: I don’t like Plugins.
Answer #3: No problem. Simply create a “WordPress Page Template” and you can add the widget code directly into the PHP file. Jump over to WordPress.org to learn about custom page templates.